Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Inexpensive Apothecary Jars

I saw this while cruising the net and thought what a cool idea!  So after about four trips to the dollar store I finally had all the supplies!  I know there are only two items!  (In mine)  One store had the candlesticks and not the jars and the other had nothing!  So I waited a week and went back and one store had the jars and the other the candlesticks!  We only have the Dollar Tree around here and only two of them within 15 mins.  So I spent more on gas then on the project!  It was fun though!  I think they turned out really well and will look great as soon as I decide what to put in them and where in the house they are going to live.

I was worried about the glue showing and them not being level but nothing to worry about they turned out fine.  Here is a close up of the glue, you can't see it! 


Supplies
3 Glass Vases - $1.00 each
3 Glass Candlesticks - $1.00
E-6000 Glue


Thanks for stopping by!



Hooking up to these linky parties:
UndertheTableandDreaming


A Marvelous Mess




Tip Junkie handmade projects



Today's Creative Blog
lil luna link party button

SYS Thurs











Party Button


Bubbly Nature
Iron Violet Designs
monogramJoin  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up
    party!

8 comments:

  1. These turned out fantastic. I am going to try to make some, I love Apothecary jars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonya, What a fun idea! I am saving this project to my favorites. Love the price also. :) Thanks so much to linking up to Terrific Under Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love the dollar store. I just picked up some stuff to make a cupcake stand their. :-) Thank you for linking up to my Marvelous Mess party!! Hope to see you next week!! http://marvelouslymessy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog and am your newest follower! These jars are so beautiful and you could never tell that they are super cheap and easy to make. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT idea!!! SIMPLE and LOVE it!
    THX for sharing over at Creations Corner link party =)

    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  6. How nice! We love our Dollar stores for this stuff!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha. I thought I was the only one who ever went to 12 different dollar stores to make a $3 craft!

    Those turned out pretty cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tonya,what a great idea it can be used for a beer mug or apothecary jar that's what i love about this project!!

    ReplyDelete