Pages

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Smile MIM #113 Card 3

If you saw my second card post you read that I was having issues with the Perfect Pearls rubbing off the card.  Well I tried using a heat gun a second time on that card and then rubbed it and guess what happened?  It smudged the whole thing... I'm okay with it though as I wasn't really feeling the look anyway, so I erased the whole thing and started over.   I like the "do over" card much better.



My first thought when I saw the Star Gazer Addition set was the Death Star from Star Wars and that was the main reason I bought it!  Well that and the set of cards that Cristina Kowalczyk made. 
While reading the PTI forum, people were discussing the smile stamp that is part of Sketched Shapes and how it reminded them of Yoda and I thought it would be a perfect sentiment on this card!

After brushing off the excess powder, I pounced the brush all around the card to make the galaxy.   I used an eraser over some of the dust to make it look more like a milky way.

 Thank you for looking and be sure to check out all of the other entries!
 

1 comment:

  1. Very cool card, Tonya. I like how you created a milky 'galaxy' in the background :)

    ReplyDelete