Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Papertrey August Blog Hop





I used my sewing machine!

Here is another card with the MME Lost&Found paper that I am in love with. This card is for my mom as she helped me set up my sewing machine a few weeks ago. I bought the machine the day after Thanksgiving and it sat in the box until then. I have never used a sewing machine before. After getting it set up I was too intimidated to use it. I finally said to myself JUST DO IT!. So I did and this is the result. Not perfect but I like the added detail so I will keep practicing until I get better at it.
I will NOT be sewing anything other paper anytime soon, if ever!   :)



Supplies:
Stamps - PTI Half & Half
CS - PTI Vintage Cream, DCWV Fall
DP - My Minds Eye - Lost & Found Blush
Twine - PTI
Die -MFT Well Worn Greetings
Ink - PTI Chamomile,
Rhinestone - Recollections



17 comments:

  1. Using the sewing machine on card is always lovely and your card really works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very pretty. ;-) I love the colors together with that gorgeous flowerprint. The twine behind the sentiment panel is a great touch. Very nice. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty...your background paper is just charming! Happy Hopping :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The paper is perfect for this challenge. I love the stitching. I also am intimidated by my sewing machine, but it looks like you are well on your way to mastering it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. FABULOUS stitching; gorgeous BG paper & all-around AWESOME card -- LOVE it!!! Keep practicing -- my sewing machine is over 30 years old, so I can blame it instead of myself if the stitching isn't perfect -- LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you used your machines. It adds great detail.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these colors- that background is truly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely! Your mom will so appreciate this beautiful card. I am also so impressed with the sewing machine details- this is the one technique that I am too afraid to try!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet, Tonya! I love how you tied that twine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely! I love the patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooh! I love that paper! and YAY for using your sewing machine!!!! I mainly use mine on paper too!! hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice, Love that PP. Glad you finally used your machine. The stitching is a nice touch too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. really pretty..love the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty!! I JUST got myself some of that paper! It looks so pretty here! Beware--you'll soon feel like a card is just not complete without gettin' it under that new machine!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVELY! LOVE your take on the challenge picture and your paper is super sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely composition with the dainty floral paper. Sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on just going for it and putting that sewing machine to use! Your card turned out beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete